Medicare Part B is the part of Medicare called medical insurance. This part of Medicare is optional to patients one they reach the age of 65 and charges a monthly premium. Part B covers most services not covered by Part A.
- Physician office visits including mental health, social workers, chiropractic services, etc.
- Outpatient hospital services for the diagnosis and treatment of an illness or injury which includes a wide range of services such as diagnostic tests, surgical services, and emergency care.
- Outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Clinical laboratory services
- Preventative Care: Vaccinations, screening mammograms, prostate screenings, colorectal cancer screenings, gynecological exams, glaucoma screenings, diabetic services,etc.Durable medical equipment (DME): wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen, etc.
- Medical supplies, eyeglasses, and prosthetic devices
- Ambulance services
- For a complete list of items, visit CMS.gov.