Responsible for the non-clinical aspects of the day to day operations in a medical office environment including physician offices, hospitals, nursing homes, or other health care facility.
- The financial performance of the revenue cycle
- Supervision of patient scheduling, registration, financial counseling, medical records, billing and collection, data entry and processing, and cash posting
- Promoting excellent customer service
- Develop, implement and maintain office policies and procedures
- Interview, hire and train a productive medical office team and conduct performance reviews
Knowledge of business and accounting processes usually obtained from an Associates or Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Health Care Administration.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years in a medical office setting.
- Two to three years in a supervisory or management position.
Salary amounts vary based on years of experience, education and job location. Use the Salary Comparison and Salary Calculator Tool to evaluate the average salary for this and other medical office jobs.
Current Job Openings:
Find current job openings for a Medical Office Manager and similar positions.