Medical Office Compliance
By Joy Hicks, About.com Guide
Welcome to Medical Office Compliance! It is the responsibility of your medical office to stay informed on all state, federal and insurance guidelines. Learn about HIPAA, EHR and other compliance issues.
- Understanding HIPAA Privacy & Security
- Developing Meaningful Use of EHR
- Medical Identity Theft & Health Care Fraud
Understanding HIPAA Privacy & Security
Any organization that accesses patient health information is considered a covered entity and is required by law to comply with HIPAA provisions or face civil and/or criminal penalties.
- HIPAA Compliant Office Products
- How to Avoid Violating HIPAA
- Proper PHI Disposal
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Release of Protected Health Information
- Prevent Breaches of Patient Privacy
- Maintaining HIPAA Security
Developing Meaningful Use of EHR
The expansion of health information technology is important to the improvement of the health care industry as a whole. Health IT which includes the electronic health record (EHR) enables health care providers to effectively manage patient care through the use and sharing of patient records.
Medical Identity Theft & Health Care Fraud
There are certain precautions that can be taken to prevent medical identity theft and fraud. It is the responsibility of the medical office to make sure proper guidelines are being followed for the integrity of the entire health care industry as well as your patients.