National Patient Safety Foundation
“to improve the safety of care provided to patients.”
As a central voice for patient safety, NPSF is committed to a collaborative, inclusive, multi-stakeholder approach in all that it does.
Features and Benefits:
NPSF provides information regarding patient safety to:
- Healthcare Professionals
- Partner and Corporate Sponsors
- Patients and Families
Health care professionals that join will have access to a variety of features and benefits.
- Tools and Resources
The Comprehensive Member Resource Guide which includes a step-by-step toolkit, DVDs, brochures, presentation templates, customization surveys and many more materials and resources that assist organizations in building and maintaining their own patient safety program.
The Patient Safety Awareness Week toolkit which provides promotional materials, customizable content, educational resources and patient engagement tools designed to spread the awareness of patient safety during NPSF's annual event.
AHRQ Survey on Patient Safety Culture data comparisons and benchmarking that providers can administer on an annual basis.
Stand Up for Patient Safety logo and media tools for organizational use on brochures, press releases, websites and marketing material to assist providers in their commitment to spread their mission for patient safety.
Membership recognition plaque for display to demonstrate your organization's commitment to patient safety through membership in the Stand Up program.
- Continuing Organization and Training
Complimentary access to The Professional Learning Series
20% Registration discount to NPSF Patient Safety Congress
Complimentary registration to the Patient Safety/Risk Manager Regional Seminar Series
- Virtual Idea Exchange
Access to tons of additional online patient safety resources, articles, fact sheets, brochures, and more
Subscription to NPSF's quarterly publication, Focus on Patient Safety
Subscription to NPSF's bi-monthly electronic publication, Current Awareness Literature Alerts
One complimentary subscription to NPSF's Patient Safety and Quality Healthcare Magazine
The National Patient Safety Foundation has been pursuing one mission since its founding in 1997—to improve the safety of care provided to patients.Mission: Improve the Safety of Patients
Vision: The National Patient Safety Foundation is the indispensable resource for individuals and organizations committed to improving the safety of patients.
- Ascension Health, St. Louis, MO
- Baptist Health South Florida, Coral Gables, FL
- Childrens Hospitals and Clinics Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN
- Exempla Healthcare,Denver, CO
- Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, MN
- Martin Memorial Health Systems, Stuart, FL
- Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Houston, TX
- Mission St. Josephs Health System, Asheville, NC
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, Great Neck, NY
- Partners HealthCare Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Scott & White, Temple, TX
- Sisters of St. Francis Health Services, Inc., Mishawaka, IN
- St. Joseph Regional Health Center, Bryan, TX
- Trinity Health, Novi, MI
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA
268 Summer St.
Boston, MA 02210
Phone: (617) 391-9900
Fax: (617) 391-9999
Stand Up for Patient Safety:
Whether your organization is starting a new patient safety program or looking to enhance existing quality and safety programs, membership in Stand Up can provide the support and resources necessary to embed patient safety principles into organizational practice and align with national patient safety goals and critical regulatory requirements.
Patient Safety Awareness Week is an annual, NPSF-led education and awareness campaign for healthcare safety. Each year, healthcare organizations internationally take part in the event by prominently displaying the NPSF campaign logo and promotional materials within their organizations, creating awareness in the community and deploying NPSF educational resources to hospital staff.