- Resident Physicians
- Retired Physicians
- Medical Students
"Together, we will play an active role in shaping the future of medicine."
To promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.Core Values:
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior.
To be an essential part of the professional life of every physician.
Features and Benefits:
- Career management resources such as helpful employment guides, wide range of CME activities and other career tools online.
- Solutions for managing your physician practice by offering practice management solutions and tools as part of their online resource center.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Make health literacy easy for your patients with AMA's health literacy resources and programs.
- Complimentary subscriptions to the AMA’s award-winning publications.
- Leadership & networking opportunities
- Powerful advocacy on behalf of physicians at every level
- Personal and professional savings for your convenience
- Founder: Nathan Smith Davis
- Established: May 7, 1847
- First President: Nathaniel Chapman, MD
- First Female President: Dr. Nancy Dickey
American Medical Association
515 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60654
Other AMA Organizations:
Vision: To be the volunteer voice for healthy families.
Mission: To support medical families through advocacy and education.
Description: The AMA Alliance is the largest organization representing the family of medicine in the United States. The Alliance network of physicians and physicians’ spouses represents all stages of the medical lifestyle, from the training years to retirement. In addition, the Alliance’s Stop America’s Violence Everywhere (SAVE) program targets the 15 million children in first through fourth grade in every public and private school.AMA Foundation
Vision: To be the catalyst in building partnerships which produce high impact initiatives that will make a profound difference in improving the quality, access and delivery of the nation’s health care and medical education.
Mission: To improve medical education and public health through a wide variety of programs.
Description: The AMA Foundation works to improve the health of our nation's communities and strengthen the patient-physician relationship with its better health initiatives.AMA Insurance
Dedicated to meeting the insurance needs of physicians, medical students, their families and employeesAMPAC
AMPAC is the bipartisan political action committee of the American Medical Association