The Medical Office Term of the Week is:Superbill
A Superbill is a medical office form, generally referred to as a face sheet and used to detail the services rendered during a patient visit.
The Superbill includes but is not limited to the following:
- patient demographic information
- patient insurance information
- charge amount and patient payment amount
- a list of the most commonly used CPT codes and matching description for routine clinic visit levels, laboratory testing, consultation and minor surgical procedures
- a list of the most commonly used diagnoses and corresponding ICD-9 codes
- authorizes assignment of benefits and release of information
- rendering and referring physician information
- physician signature confirming that the information is billable
Generally used by the Medical Office biller to generate claims, Superbills are customizable forms and may vary depending on the specialty of the medical office. View a sample Superbill.