I chose to review Intuit Health's Patient Portal for the Medical Office Product of the Month.
The Bottom Line
The Intuit Health Patient Portal is an online tool that offers patients a method of communicating with their doctor's office. The portal features:
- Secure Login
- Appointment Scheduling
- Detailed Physician Education & Background
- Prescription Refills
- Describes Services Received
- Explains How Patient Balance is Calculated
- Lab Results
- Online Bill Pay
In addition to the listed features, the Patient Portal also meets criteria for electronic health record compliance.
- Increased efficiency and convenience for patients to schedule appointments
- Eliminates paper with electronic statements and online bill pay
- Compliant to new government incentives such as electronic access to the patient health record
- Secure, online access complying with HIPAA regulations for privacy and security
- Provides the answers to most questions that patient may normally call to ask Medical Office Staff
- May not be suitable for Medical Offices that serve a limited online-user demographic
- Request an Appointment - Patients are less likely to cancel which reduces no-shows, increasing revenue for the Medical Office
- Fill Out Forms - Patient's can pre-register for their scheduled appointment saving time and improving office efficiency
- Prescription Renewal - Incorporates e-prescribing into the medical office, physicians can improve the quality of patient care
- Ask a Question - Allows patient's to communicate with the Medical Office without hindering staff productivity
- Online Bill Pay - Minimizes the use of stamps and envelopes and increases the speed that payments are received
- Security features - Unique user id and password allows easy, secure access to patient health information
Guide Review - Intuit Health's Patient Portal
Intuit Health's Patient Portal is an excellent form of communication between the patient and the Medical Office. This online solution increases efficiency and saves time and money for the Medical Office while improving patient satisfaction.
It is an anytime, anywhere interactive resource that provides information and increases patient participation in scheduling appointments, completing registration information, obtain lab results or ask questions, and pay their bill.
The Patient Portal assists in building relationships between patients and their physician. I think this compliments the direction that Health (IT) Information Technology is headed by bringing the Medical Office up-to-date with other industries. It is a great choice for any Medical Office with a desire to make the move from paper to electronic communications and improve collection efforts.